Director- Information Technology & Learning Resource Centre
Indian School of Business,
Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500032
- A PhD in Metallurgical Engineering from IIT-M after a degree Physics and Metallurgy from IISc.
- A Metallurgist and Materials Engineer by profession, was the Head of Materials Technology Section of Materials Development Division at Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research at Kalpakkam.
- Since 1997, he was the Head of Library and Information Services at Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research at Kalpakkam. He was responsible for developing digital information access to all local as well as Internet based resources, when he piloted a new initiative to realize Digital Library at IGCAR was instrumental in the forming the DAE Consortium for E-Journals.
- Selected by a National Search Committee to head the JRD Tata Memorial Library at IISc as a Librarian in 2003, he was involved in providing access to comprehensive print as well as online Digital information to the research community at IISc. He was also actively involved with the Digital Library of India activities. As a member of INDEST consortium and a Special Invitee of UGC-NList Program of MHRD, he coordinated the resource sharing activities for IISc.
- Dr. S. Venkadesan is currently the Director of Learning Resource Center at the Indian School of Business at Hyderabad, India, since April 2011. He is also heading the IT Department of ISB since April, 2015.
- Is the Regional Editor of Serials Review.
- Member of Asia Pacific Business School Library Directors Group, Springer Library Advisory Board.