For Visually Challenged Users
- Home /
Information about For Visually Challenged Users
Vikram Sarabhai Library has added special facilities for the visually challenged users to assist them in accessing library resources.
The facilities include the KIBO XS, JAWS Talking Software, Keyboard and SARA CE Book Scanner.
Kibo XS is read printed text across multiple Indian Languages in real-time through natural sounding voices. Kibo connect via Mobile App or Kibo web and experience immersive learning. It scans your document and instantly translate text to over 100+ languages. It also scans batch files, digitize, save/copy/share. Capture and Read option help you capture photo and reads the document via audio across multiple languages.
JAWS (Job Access with Speech) converts your computer into a talking computer. It reads out all the matter that is on the computer's screen through your computer's speakers/ headphones, thus enabling a visually challenged person to use the computer independently and work on all MS Windows applications.
SARA CE, a Stand Alone Instant Text Reader is a scanning and reading device. It is a simple text reading machine for those who are not comfortable with computers but still need to read printed books and materials. All that the user needs to do is simply place the text on the unit and SARA CE instantly reads out the contents aloud in a clear Indian accent voice and even magnifies the text, object, diagram, picture to be viewed.
JAWS and SARA CE have been installed on the first two computers at the 1st floor near to RFID Kiosk in the library. Users can make use of the same and in case of any assistance, please contact the library staff.
For more information about the system please check the below link and videos:
Website Link: JAWS , SARA
Glimpse of For Visually Challenged Users:
For For Visually Challenged Users Assistance:
- My Library (Koha): Library account management
- Institutional Repository (IR): Information on IIMA publications
- Discovery: Single search for all library resources
- A-Z Databases: Searching subscribed databases
- A-Z eJournals: Searching subscribed eJournals
- Subject Guide: Searching library resources on specific topics
- Remote Access: Accessing library resources outside the campus
- Online Payment: Library payments online
- Discussion Rooms: Booking library discussion rooms
- Research Assistance: Getting research help/assistance
- ILL Request: Getting learning materials not available in the library
- Research Training/Orientation Request: Training on library resources/services
- Ask a Librarian: Asking any query related to library
- FAQs: Getting answers to common queries
The Vikram Sarabhai Library (VSL) is named after Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, world renowned physicist and founding Director of IIMA. It was set up in 1962 and is one of the best management libraries in Asia. The library is open 24x7. Our mission is to facilitate convenient and user friendly access to current, global and relevant information by identifying, acquiring, organizing and retrieving information in various formats (print & non print) to serve the information needs of the academic fraternity of IIMA to meet their teaching, research, consulting, training and learning requirements.
Vikram Sarabhai Library,
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad,
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat,
India - 380015
Copyright @ 2023 | All rights reserved, Vikram Sarabhai Library, IIM Ahmedabad
(Best view in Chrome Browser)