- Home /
- Resources / Online Resources
Prowess dx is a delivery of the Prowess database that is specially designed for academia.
- Quick and easy downloading of the data in simple text format.
- 51,262 companies covered, including listed companies, unlisted public companies and private companies. All companies listed on the National Stock Exchange and the Bombay Stock Exchange are covered.
- Time-series data since 1990. Annual Reports of companies and data available from India's two largest stock exchanges are the principal sources of this database.
- Includes the profit and loss statement, balance sheet and ratios based on these. There are 3,500 data fields in Prowess dx.
- In the case of listed companies, cash flow statement, quarterly financial statements, share prices, corporate action and daily total returns are included. Financial statements based on consolidated and standalone basis are available.
- Financial statements are standardized. The database does not suffer from any deliberate survival bias. The database is updated continuously.
Provides a detailed and comprehensive analysis of the current trends and the long-term performance outlook on 70 industries in India. It includes the evolution of an industry, the regulatory environment, cost structures, nature and extent of competition, global trends along with statistical information on capacities, production, imports-exports, domestic and international prices, and consumption patterns.
EMIS provides financial, company, industry, and macroeconomic information, daily news from emerging market countries. It focuses on news, data, intelligence, and company & industry information for emerging markets around the world. Includes proprietary M&A information, peer analysis, credit analytics, benchmark indicators, and trend comparisons.
Offers integrated access to internationally comparable statistics, full-text market reports, and country analysts as well as thousands of sources of further information. The database provides key business intelligence on countries, companies, markets and consumers. It covers over 350 markets and 207 countries.
The database provides access to not only FT newspaper, it's also home for business intelligence on the web, providing an essential source of news, comment, market information, data and analysis for the global business community.
The Vikram Sarabhai Library has 165+ databases in its e-resources collection. The databases have been divided into different categories content wise like company & country database, scholarly resources, research support resources and legal databases. These databases fulfill the specific requirements sought by the users.
- Most of the databases are accessible through IP, while some databases require log-in ID & password.
- The faculty and existing students can access the databases off-campus through Remote Access.
- The Databases should be used solely for academic and research needs and not for any commercial purpose.
- Brief Guide | Quick Guide
The Vikram Sarabhai Library (VSL) is named after Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, world renowned physicist and founding Director of IIMA. It was set up in 1962 and is one of the best management libraries in Asia. The library is open 24x7. Our mission is to facilitate convenient and user friendly access to current, global and relevant information by identifying, acquiring, organizing and retrieving information in various formats (print & non print) to serve the information needs of the academic fraternity of IIMA to meet their teaching, research, consulting, training and learning requirements.
Vikram Sarabhai Library,
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad,
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat,
India - 380015
Copyright @ 2021 | All rights reserved, Vikram Sarabhai Library, IIM Ahmedabad
(Best view in Chrome Browser)