Book Drop Box Facility
- Home /
Information about Book Drop Box Facility
On the suggestion of students, the Vikram Sarabhai Library initiated a drop box facility in the new campus for returning of library books. The book drop box has been placed at the entrance of the underpass from the new campus near the AXIS Bank ATM. This is to facilitate easy return of issued library books by just dropping the books inside the drop box instead of coming physically to the library to return the book.
Please find below the rules regarding the Drop Box Facility:
- Users may return their issued book/s through the library drop-box.
- The Library will arrange to collect the books daily at 5 p.m. The user will get a confirmation mail from library circulation once the book is returned in the library software.
- All returned books are subject to Library checking. Readers are responsible for any loss/damage/marking/underlining/highlighting or sticky notes of all kinds, mutilating or tearing pages, etc.
- Large sized books that do not fit into the drop box should be returned at the Library circulation counter during library hours. Please do not keep them outside the drop box.
RFID Book Drop Box Facility:
Vikram Sarabhai Library has the RFID based book drop box facility available near the library entrance, User can drop the issued books (one book at a time) in the drop box and books will be returned automatically. User will receive a receipt of returned books from the drop box and receive a book return intimation email also.
Glimpse of Book Drop Box Facility:
For Book Drop Box Facility Assistance:
- My Library (Koha): Library account management
- Institutional Repository (IR): Information on IIMA publications
- Discovery: Single search for all library resources
- A-Z Databases: Searching subscribed databases
- A-Z eJournals: Searching subscribed eJournals
- Subject Guide: Searching library resources on specific topics
- Remote Access: Accessing library resources outside the campus
- Online Payment: Library payments online
- Discussion Rooms: Booking library discussion rooms
- Research Assistance: Getting research help/assistance
- ILL Request: Getting learning materials not available in the library
- Research Training/Orientation Request: Training on library resources/services
- Ask a Librarian: Asking any query related to library
- FAQs: Getting answers to common queries
The Vikram Sarabhai Library (VSL) is named after Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, world renowned physicist and founding Director of IIMA. It was set up in 1962 and is one of the best management libraries in Asia. The library is open 24x7. Our mission is to facilitate convenient and user friendly access to current, global and relevant information by identifying, acquiring, organizing and retrieving information in various formats (print & non print) to serve the information needs of the academic fraternity of IIMA to meet their teaching, research, consulting, training and learning requirements.
Vikram Sarabhai Library,
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad,
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat,
India - 380015
Copyright @ 2023-24 | All rights reserved, Vikram Sarabhai Library, IIM Ahmedabad
(Best view in Chrome Browser)