- Home /
Information about Membership
The library membership is provided to IIMA's Alumni, students pursuing Ph.D. at some other institutes/ professionals/ faculty at other educational institutes on payment basis in addition to institutional membership. External members need to apply for membership by filling the membership form. Form is available at the circulation counter in the library OR download from the library website. The application has to be approved by the librarian for enrollment as an external member. The decision of the librarian is final in case of external membership provision.
Guideline to e-resources access and use for external members:
1. Certain databases may not be accessible to external members.
2. Systematic downloading of articles is not allowed.
3. Cyber labs are only for accessing electronic resources. Personal work like email, social networking sites, etc. will not be allowed.
Download Membership Form:
For Membership Assistance:
- My Library (Koha): Library account management
- Institutional Repository (IR): Information on IIMA publications
- Discovery: Single search for all library resources
- A-Z Databases: Searching subscribed databases
- A-Z eJournals: Searching subscribed eJournals
- Subject Guide: Searching library resources on specific topics
- Remote Access: Accessing library resources outside the campus
- Online Payment: Library payments online
- Discussion Rooms: Booking library discussion rooms
- Research Assistance: Getting research help/assistance
- ILL Request: Getting learning materials not available in the library
- Research Training/Orientation Request: Training on library resources/services
- Ask a Librarian: Asking any query related to library
- FAQs: Getting answers to common queries
The Vikram Sarabhai Library (VSL) is named after Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, world renowned physicist and founding Director of IIMA. It was set up in 1962 and is one of the best management libraries in Asia. The library is open 24x7. Our mission is to facilitate convenient and user friendly access to current, global and relevant information by identifying, acquiring, organizing and retrieving information in various formats (print & non print) to serve the information needs of the academic fraternity of IIMA to meet their teaching, research, consulting, training and learning requirements.
Vikram Sarabhai Library,
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad,
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat,
India - 380015
Copyright @ 2021 | All rights reserved, Vikram Sarabhai Library, IIM Ahmedabad
(Best view in Chrome Browser)